(1) Nevertheless the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations.
(2) The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.
(3) Thou hast multiplied the nation, and not increased the joy: they joy before thee according to the joy in harvest, and as men rejoice when they divide the spoil.
(4) For thou hast broken the yoke of his burden, and the staff of his shoulder, the rod of his oppressor, as in the day of Midian.
(5) For every battle of the warrior is with confused noise, and garments rolled in blood; but this shall be with burning and fuel of fire.
(6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
(7) Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
(1) Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
(2) For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
(3) And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
(46) I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
Rejoice for the Light has come! Light that overcomes the power of darkness! Light that frees the captive and brings relief to the oppressed! Light that heals the sick and causes the blind to see!
Come to that Light it is shining for thee!
Arise! Awake! The Light is here. People do not grope around in darkness because of a lack of light; rather, it is a lack of sight. They are blind or sleeping.
(14) Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
Rejoice for the Prince of Peace has come! Of His Kingdom there is no end! Gone is the noise of battle and the weapons and attire of war. This Kingdom is a Kingdom of peace.
Glorious Light! Light that brings life instead of death! Freedom instead of bondage!
Are you filled with this Light? Are your eyes opened to see this glorious Light?
Or, are you sleeping? Is Jesus a cute baby to you? A neat Christmas story?
Has this Light changed you?