Big game tomorrow! Are you gonna watch it?
Before the game starts, of course, you will go to church. At church you will worship God, read His Word, and listen as someone, maybe even you, expounds the Holy Scripture. You will hear about and perhaps discuss people such as Jesus, Apostle Paul, Timothy, Joseph, or some other godly example you said that you want to emulate.
Can you imagine for one second any of these godly men participating in the professional sports idolatry that exists today?
Over 100 million viewers will be participating in the Super Bowl. Many of these will be some sort of professing Christians.
Mat 7:21 KJV
(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Sadly, many who profess Christ are brazenly walking the broad way to destruction. The indoctrination of the many unconverted and uninspired theologians have convinced the masses of professing Christians that a lifestyle of holiness and nonconformity to the world is optional for salvation. Read your Bible again without the darkening glasses of the theologians. Believe every word. Believe that Jesus meant every word He spoke. Believe that every word was inspired by the Holy Spirit and is meant to be obeyed.
1Pe 1:13-16 KJV
(13) Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
(14) As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
(15) But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
(16) Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
1Co 10:20-23 KJV
(20) But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.
(21) Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord’s table, and of the table of devils.
(22) Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?
(23) All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.
Why would you spend the morning acting as if your heart and life is wholly God’s. You will sing songs of total consternation and say amen to a message that speaks to you; and then go and place yourself in front of the world’s pipeline of filth, sleaze, covetousness, and idolatry!
How can you? How can any Bible-believing, Christ professing person do that?
Where are men who will stand and make a distinction between the holy and the profane? We have lost our fear of God when we can nonchalantly sit down and indulge in the garbage of the world. The world is an enemy of God! The professional players, the scantily clad cheerleaders, the rabid fans, the rock music and musicians, and all such and similar who make a mockery of sin are heading for eternal judgement in hell.
But you are concerned about which team of unregenerated sons of Adam win a silly little ball game!
GOD FORBID! GOD HELP US!
Wake up Christians! Flee from the wrath to come! Why will you drink from the vomit of the world?
Please! Repent of the carnality in your heart and let us stand together in the truth and purity of God’s Word.
Jas 4:7-8 KJV
(7) Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
(8) Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.